Tuesday, March 4, 2014

baking bread

IMG_3038
breadAGC

             I have not made fresh bread in probably well over three years. Ouch, thats a bit too long, especially for one bread lovin' gal like me.  I could live on that stuff if I let myself, although I'd probably add quite a few unwanted pounds in the process.  I just had one of those moments when I thought, you know what? I'm gonna make some bread.  This was simply the easiest and tastiest bread I think I've ever made and there's nothing better then that wonderful simple joy that comes after you know you've just made your own bread.

I used this recipe here.

IMG_3040
IMG_3041

bacon and butter beans
(serves 4)

2-4 slices bacon, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can butter beans
1 handful of baby kale
salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet cook the chopped bacon until crisp.  Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.  Pour in the can of butter bean, juices and all (this is what makes a wonderful sauce) bring it to a simmer. Add the kale and stir through until wilted. Taste for seasoning.  Add a slice of fresh bread for soaking up the juices and you've got a sweet side or little hearty snack.

8 comments:

ChichaJo said...

Both the bread and the beans look wonderful!

Ash said...

Thanks ChichaJo!

Fat Bastardo said...

Gimme bread till I'm dead!

Click Here For News That's Fat and Fair.

Patricia Scarpin said...

That bread looks amazing, Ash! What a beautiful crust!

Anna Sorokina said...

Looks amazing!

I`ll be happy if we follow to each other!Just let me know in my blog)
smtpants.blogspot.com

June said...

How I love fresh baked bread. There is really nothing like it. That picture is giving me a carb hankering already. :) Great pics!

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Renee @ AFS said...

Oh my, I'm so happy I came by, you have a wonderful blog. I love love love bread too; definitely going to try this recipe! Thank you!